We made a nightdress using a pillow case! It was super easy and a great introduction for kids to simple sewing. Here’s how it was done.
1. Choose a pillow case.
2. Cut open the sewn closed end.
3. Turn the pillow case inside out and fold over the cut open end, crease with an iron.
4. Add a length of ribbon all around the underneath of the fold.
5. Make two holes to pull through your ribbon to leave two ends to tie.
6. Use a needle and thread to sew the fold down all around being careful not to sew the ribbon as this will be a drawstring tie.
7. Cut two holes for the arms. You could fold these and sew down for a neater finish.
8. Turn the pillow case back the right way and slip on, use the ribbon as a drawstring to tie to the required comfiness.